Tuesday 28 February 2012

Naughty Dog Says PS3/Vita Can Do What Wii U Does



Now I do agree that the PS3 & Vita could do what the Wii U does. Question is will developers make it happen? My guess is probably not or very few games will do it. Because they need to rely on consumers to own a PS3 & Vita vs the Wii U where they just need to buy the Wii U console/controller. For that reason alone I don’t see very many Wii U type games using the PS3/Vita combo.
Below is part of a interview that NowGamer did with Justin Richmond the Game Director at Naughty Dog.
Obviously you won’t develop for Wii U, but I want to get your thoughts on the hardware. Does the console spark your imagination in any way?
Justin Richmond: To be honest with you, the idea of it is very, very cool. But there’s nothing that the Wii U has that the Vita and PS3 doesn’t. You know, it’s an interesting piece of technology, and I’m interested to see how people use it.
I’m not completely sold yet. That the screen isn’t multi-touch, that’s a little weird. It seems there are some very strange holes in it, but to be fair, last time I was sceptical of the original Wii, and look at how that did. I’m sure that he games they make for Wii U will be amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

vote for 2012